Felt and Textiles
Felt Washers – Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd produce a huge range of non metallic washers in virtually any given shape or size with or without holes, self adhesive backing, facings etc.
Felt Washers can be made to our customers exact requirements in many different grades and different densities of felt including Industrial grade felt and Craft grade felt.
Felt washers provide the following;
Key properties of industrial felt washers.
- Industrial felt has a fibrous structure which can absorb and transmit fluids along capillary pathways and filter out solids or suspended liquids in gases (i.e. mists)
- Industrial felt has a homogenous structure so that, if the surface is removed, it is replaced by a similar face without fraying.
- Industrial felt shows resilience, ensuring excellent recovery of the material to its original dimensions after compression.
- High energy absorption, enabling large amounts of vibration or sound energy to be dissipated.
- Easily shaped by cutting or (in higher densities) machining and dimensionally stable in use, neither swelling nor shrinking.
- Operational over a wide temperature range. It maintains its properties over a range from -40 Celsius to +100 Celsius.
- Other properties of industrial felt include a good response to oxidation, ultra violet exposure (i.e. ageing) and non-polar solvents. Wool felt offers a near constant coefficient of friction in both wet and dry conditions.
Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd can manufacture Textile Washers from the materials within our Textile material category.
We can produce Textile washers in variants of shape and size in plain or self adhesive backed.
We can manufacture in variants of O/D I/D and thickness and also incorporate holes and contours in the flange area.
Textile washers are often used in the furniture manufacturing industry and the sound/acoustics industry. We also produce a wealth of other products from textiles such as:
Material Data Sheets for Textiles are available for viewing or download along with lots of other information via out Corporate Intranet site which can be accessed here.
Help with Felt and Textiles Washers
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.