Silicone Rubber Seals
Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd have the expertise and facilities to produce and supply many seals using one of our many silicone rubber materials. Silicone rubber seals can be produced by moulding or extrusion methods or cut from silicone sheets or rolls, which are manufactured in thicknesses ranging from 0.3mm up to 25mm depending on the grade of material, with general-purpose silicone rubber being available in white, translucent, black, blue, and red colour options.
All our silicone seals are made to order and are produced using dimensions, samples or drawings provided by customers, ensuring the final product perfectly fits their application. As each form of seal needs to be manufactured using a different process, ASG has invested heavily in various machinery meaning we can produce excellent quality silicone seals in both high and low volumes.
What are Silicone Rubber Seals?
Silicone (SI) rubber is an excellent material for producing high-performance mechanical seals and gaskets which can operate at high and low temperatures. Silicone rubber performs well when exposed to UV, weathering, ozone and moisture, and is available in a range of grades, hardnesses and colours, each with its own set of characteristics, properties and resistances to suit different exposures and environments.
Silicone rubber seals can take the form of cut gaskets, strips, washers, extruded or moulded profiles, all manufactured using the same material which can be compressed, which in turn further ‘hardens’ the material to create a secure seal. Many of our silicone seals can be supplied with a choice of self-adhesives which assists with the placement of the seal and holding it in position
For information on Silicone Rubber Seals please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Product Specification & Key Characteristics
- Colour: black, translucent, white, red, blue
- Shore Hardness: available in 20 - 80 shore
- Temperature:-40℃ to +200°C (230°C intermittents)
- Resistances: UV, oxidation, ozone, weathering, corona discharge, radiation
- Applications: used in a multitude of industries including automotive, catering (food & drink), electronics, pharmaceutical, insulation
Full technical data can be supplied upon request,
or downloaded from our online portal.
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical Silicone Rubber Seals
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
Why use Silicone Rubber Seals?
Rubber seals are perfect for customers who are looking for both standard and non-standard profiles to fit specific applications. The process of producing a moulded or extruded seal means the customer is guaranteed to have an identical product each time, which is essential for high volume production and assembly.
Customers often choose silicone rubber for their sealing solution as the material has a number of excellent characteristics and features. Silicone rubber has a broad working temperature range of (-40℃ to +200°C) for use in hot and cold environments, with high-temperature versions also available for extreme heat.
Silicone rubber materials are resistant to ozone, weathering, seawater, many chemicals and fungal growth, they also offer excellent tensile strength, tear-resistance and electrical insulating properties. Solid silicone rubber is available in a range of grades, thicknesses and colour choices, which can be converted into gaskets, washers, gasket strips and tapes, or moulded and extruded seals.
Advantages of Using Silicone Seals
Silicone rubber seals can be manufactured by moulding or extruded sealing profiles made to fit a specific shape ‘space’ or cut from rolls or sheets of silicone material, in any quantity and with a choice of finishes.
Silicone rubber seals offer a number of benefits which vary depending on the grade of silicone used but include flame retardancy, wide operating temperature range - even higher range when using the High-Temperature grade, resistance to weathering, UV, ozone and chemicals, can be used as electrical insulation and in Food, Beverage and pharmaceutical industries (FDA grades).
Silicone rubber is produced in a choice grades and in a range of colours and shore hardnesses (the shore hardness is measured using a shore durometer which indicates the level of resistance to indentation, the higher number on the scale indicate a greater resistance - harder the material/lower number indicate less resistance- softer the material) and in some grades, a range of colours.
Benefits of Using Silicone Seals
- Resistant to weathering, UV, ozone and chemicals
- Can be used in food and pharmaceutical applications
- Available in a choice of colours, hardnesses and grades
- Can be easily cut, extruded or moulded into bespoke seals
- Available in a range of thicknesses and sizes
- Flame retardancy and electrical insulating properties
Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd have a network of material manufacturers and suppliers, giving our customers more choice when looking for suitable silicone seals, our most popular grades being:
- High-Temperature Silicone - FDA approved and suitable for working conditions up to 300°C
- FDA Approved Silicone - all general-purpose silicone are certified for use within food, drink & pharmaceutical applications
- Metal Detectable Silicone - used to detect metal fragments
- Fluorosilicone - this material offers the same mechanical properties as standard silicone, but with an improved fuel and mineral oil resistance.
- Platinum cured Silicone - this non-yellowing translucent material offers a high tear strength and does not produce any peroxides or ketones.
- Conductive Silicone is a carbon filled silicone that conducts a low electrical amperage
- Flame retardant offers a more superior flame retardance, meeting the following standard for railways BS6853 Cat1A and French Norm NFF 16-101 (now superseded by TS EN 45545-2)
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.