One of the many material types available from Advanced Seals & Gaskets includes various types of plastics, available in numerous grades, colours, thicknesses, finishes and sheet sizes, one of which includes HIP plastics or High Impact Polystyrene.
HIP plastics can be supplied in a range of sizes which include sheet sizes up to 1980 x 1372 and thicknesses from between 0.5mm and 6mm. HIP plastic profiles can be moulded, vacuum formed or cut from sheets.
Using one of our many on-site saws, presses or CNC machines, we are able to convert HIP plastics into bespoke sized sheets or pads, washers, gaskets or strips, all of which can be supplied with a plain or self-adhesive finish.
For information on HIP Plastics please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Characteristics Of HIP Plastics:
- Colours: black/white/natural as standard but others can be made to order
- Texture/Finishes: smooth, gloss, matt, mirrored, Pinseal and Leathergrain
- Thicknesses: 1mm - 6mm (depending on grade)
- Grades of HIP available:
- FDA HIPS - for use in the food industry.
- Conductive HIP - permanently conductive, meaning they are designed for workspaces and industries where Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) is a concern.
- Pinseal and Leathergrain HIPS - offers a textured and scratch resistant surface
- Recycled HIPS - More affordable than regular HIPS plastic - but isn't recommended for thermoforming
- Flame retardant - UL-94 Class HB
Continuous Temperature Range:
- 60° C -80° C
- Melting Temp: 180-270° C
- Dilute Acid - moderate
- Dilute Alkalis - excellent
- Oils and Greases - moderate
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbons - excellent
- Aromatic Hydrocarbons - poor
- Halogenated Hydrocarbons - poor
- Alcohols - poor
Full technical data can be supplied upon request,
or downloaded from our online portal.
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical HIP Plastics
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
What Is HIP Plastic?
High Impact Polystyrene or HIP plastics are sometimes also called ‘Polystyrene or PS’. HIP is a type of thermoplastic - a polymer which can be melted over and over again and re-formed, which is produced using tough polystyrene resins.
High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) is a relatively inexpensive, lightweight and customisable material which can be cut, punched or moulded and therefore found used in a variety of different applications.
Why Use HIP Plastic?
HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene) is classified as a general purpose material, offering ease of processing, high impact strength, and stiffness often used for low strength structural applications when impact resistance and machinability at a low cost are required.
HIP Plastics are easy to cut, fabricate, paint and glue, available in a range of colours, grades and finishes making the material perfect for the production of samples and prototypes, through to food processing and packaging.
Advantages Of Using HIP Plastic
HIP plastics bring a number of advantages to its users, the material itself is strong and impact resistant which can be easily converted by way of sawing, punching, routering and moulding, all whilst being a cost effective material.
HIP plastics are highly versatile as not only can they be fabricated to form a number of products, but the material is also manufactured in a range of colours, grades and finishes for use in various applications ranging from point of sale displays, toys and even in very demanding industries such as medical and food production/packaging where stringent health & safety standards must be met.
HIP plastic will hold together well with glue and has a paintable/printable surface which means the number of uses for this material are endless.
Other Types of Plastic Available
Advanced Seals & Gaskets work with a multitude of material manufacturers and suppliers, giving our customers more choice of plastic sheeting - our most popular materials being:
- ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
Benefits Of Using HIPS Plastic
- High impact strength
- Good machinability - cut, punch, saw, router or mould
- Easy fabricate as can be glued, painted and printed on
- Outstanding thermoforming characteristics
- Available in a variety of colours and finishes
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.