Solid Silicone Rubber
Here at Advanced Seals & Gaskets, we offer an extensive range of high-quality solid silicone rubber materials and products. Solid silicone rubber is manufactured in sheet and roll forms at thicknesses ranging from 0.3mm up to 25mm depending on the grade of material, with general-purpose silicone rubber being available in white, translucent, black, blue, and red colour options.
As we carry out all our conversion on-site, we can cut these rolls down to produce usable products including gaskets, washers, pads or strips, using one of our many states of the art machines such as presses, kiss-cut presses, log cutters, bandsaws or CNC machines. Solid silicone rubber can also be used to produce tubes, mouldings and extrusions.
What is Silcone Rubber?
Silicone (SI) rubber is an excellent material for producing high-performance mechanical seals and gaskets which can operate at high and low temperatures. Silicone rubber performs well when exposed to UV, weathering, ozone and moisture, and is available in a range of grades, hardnesses and colours, it can be supplied as pre-cut parts such as washers, strips and gaskets, or taken as full sheets and rolls, giving customers the flexibility to convert them into a range of usable products as and when required. Silicone rubber is available in a range of types each with its own set of characteristics, properties and resistances to suit different exposures and environments.
For information on Solid Silicone Rubber please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Product Specification & Key Characteristics
- Colour: black, translucent, white, red, blue
- Shore Hardness: available in 20 - 80 shore
- Temperature:-40℃ to +200°C (230°C intermittents)
- Resistances: UV, oxidation, ozone, weathering, corona discharge, radiation
- Applications: used in a multitude of industries including automotive, catering (food & drink), electronics, pharmaceutical, insulation
Full technical data can be supplied upon request,
or downloaded from our online portal.
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical Solid Silicone Rubber
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
Why use Solid Silicone Rubber?
Customers often choose silicone rubber as it has a number of excellent characteristics and features. Silicone rubber has a broad working temperature range of (-40℃ to +200°C) for use in hot and cold environments, with high-temperature versions also available for extreme heat.
Silicone rubber materials are resistant to ozone, weathering, sea water, many chemicals and fungal growth, they also offer excellent tensile strength, tear-resistance and electrical insulating properties.
Solid silicone rubber is available in a range of grades, thicknesses and colour choices, which can easily be converted into usable products such as gaskets, washers, pads and strips or even moulded and extruded into bespoke profiles, supplied with a choice of adhesive backings.
Benefits of Using Silicone Rubber
- Resistant to weathering, UV, ozone and chemicals
- Can be used in food and pharmaceutical applications
- Available in a choice of colours, hardnesses and grades
- Can be easily cut or moulded into bespoke parts such as seals, washers, gaskets, etc
- Available in a range of thicknesses
- Flame retardancy and electrical insulating properties
Benefits of Solid Silicone Rubber
Silicone rubber is manufactured in rolls and sheets in a range of thicknesses which enables us to supply a choice of either full rolls and sheets or bespoke cut parts, produced with a choice of finishes.
Solid silicone rubber offers a number of benefits which vary depending on the grade of silicone used, but include flame retardancy, wide operating temperature range - even higher range when using the High-Temperature grade, resistance to weathering, UV, ozone and chemicals, can be used as electrical insulation and in Food, Beverage and pharmaceutical industries (FDA grades). Silicone rubber is produced in a range of hardnesses and in some grades, a range of colours.
Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd have a network of material manufacturers and suppliers, giving our customers more choice, our most popular grades being:
- High-Temperature Silicone - FDA approved and suitable for working conditions up to 300°C
- FDA Approved Silicone - all general-purpose silicone are certified for use within food, drink & pharmaceutical applications
- Metal Detectable Silicone - used to detect metal fragments
- Fluorosilicone - this material offers the same mechanical properties as standard silicone, but with an improved fuel and mineral oil resistance.
- Platinum cured Silicone - this non-yellowing translucent material offers a high tear strength and does not produce any peroxides or ketones.
- Conductive Silicone is a carbon filled silicone that conducts a low electrical amperage
- Flame retardant offers a more superior flame retardance, meeting the following standard for railways BS6853 Cat1A and French Norm NFF 16-101 (now superseded by TS EN 45545-2)
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.