Stratocell Polyethylene Foam
Here at Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd, we stock a wide variety of polyethylene foam such as Stratocell Polyethylene foam. Our close working relationship with a network of suppliers ensures a high-quality product, and we perform all conversions on-site, ensuring total control and quality assurance.
Due to Stratocell's versatility, we use it to manufacture a wide variety of products such as sheets, rolls, pads, seals, washers, gaskets and strips. Having several resistance properties and being available in a variety of grades, densities, and colours, Stratocell is an excellent material for a wide range of applications.
Whether we manufacture as a one-off or in large quantities, we work closely with our customers throughout the manufacturing process to provide a completely bespoke service. Utilizing state-of-the-art machinery and a highly trained workforce, we produce top quality products to meet a wide range of specifications.
For information on Stratocell Polyethylene Foam please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Product Specification & Key Characteristics
- Polymer Type: Closed-Cell Polyethylene Foam
- Colour: White. Other colours available on request
- Density: Low-density L, Low-density E, Medium-density S, High-density H
- Grades: Standard, Anti-Static, Recycled, Plus
- Resistances: Impervious to moisture and Mold/fungal growth
- Thermal Stability: < 5%
- Water Absorption (lb⁄ ft²): < 0.1
Full technical data can be supplied upon request,
or downloaded from our online portal.
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical Stratocell Polyethylene Foam
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
What is Stratocell Polyethylene Foam?
A high-quality polyethylene foam, Stratocell is available from us in a wide variety of products. A closed cell foam is a rubber compound that is developed under the pressure of gas. This structure gives Stratocell an exceptional strength to weight ratio making it a lower cost and more versatile alternative to many heavier polyurethanes.
Due to its stability, resilience, and ability to prevent damage, Stratocell is primarily used for packaging applications, such as inside corrugated boxes.
Why use Stratocell Polyethylene Foam?
Stratocell Polyethylene foam is commonly used to close gaps between surfaces, reduce noise and vibration, and create seals against air, gas, dust, and liquids. There are many advantages to using Stratocell Polyethylene Foam such as its non-abrasive, water resistant and lightweight properties.
With a variety of products available and the option to apply self-adhesive backing, films and foils, this product's capabilities are enhanced even further. In addition, the option to select different colours allows our customers to choose the right look for their application.
Benefits of using Stratocell Polyethylene Foam?
- Lightweight, strong & durable
- Good impact and shock absorbing properties
- Water resistant
- Good insulation properties
- Available in a variety of grades including anti-static
- Vibration dampening
- Excellent cushioning in packaging applications
Different Grades of Stratocell Polyethylene Foam
Here at Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd, we work closely with a network of suppliers and manufacturers to ensure we offer a wide variety of products while keeping lead-times to a minimum. There are many grades of Stratocell available, they include:
- Standard: Stratocell Foam comes as standard in white 1.5mm -100mm sheets. We can convert this in house, into a variety of products and into a variety of products and colours to suit all our customer's needs.
- Stratocell Anti-Static: Upon request we can provide an anti-static option, ideal with use with electrical equipment and packaging.
- Stratocell RC: Stratocell RC is our recycled grade offering available upon request. Stratocell RC contains a minimum of 50% recycled resin content.
- Stratocell Plus: Stratocell Plus is designed for the times you need a little extra protection. Includes a top layer of 3.5mm polyethylene film or 3.5mm high-density Cellu-Cushion foam.
Advantages of using Stratocell Polyethylene Foam
Stratocell foam offers many advantages to customers as it is water resistant, highly shock absorbent, lightweight, non-abrasive and has fantastic vibration dampening properties.
These desirable properties make Stratocell a versatile choice for many applications including those requiring weather resistance, acoustic and thermal insulation, and tight sealing. Common uses include packaging, sporting equipment, plumbing and automotive insulation.
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.