Felt and Textiles
Felt Gaskets – Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd have a catalogue of Felt grades from which we can manufacture a series of Felt Gaskets in either plain or self adhesive backed format.
Felt Gaskets can be manufactured to our customers exact requirements and all made under our quality system ISO 9001.
Industrial Felt Gaskets offer the following attributes;
Key properties of industrial felt.
- Industrial felt has a fibrous structure which can absorb and transmit fluids along capillary pathways and filter out solids or suspended liquids in gases (i.e. mists)
- Industrial felt has a homogenous structure so that, if the surface is removed, it is replaced by a similar face without fraying.
- Industrial felt shows resilience, ensuring excellent recovery of the material to its original dimensions after compression.
- High energy absorption, enabling large amounts of vibration or sound energy to be dissipated.
- Easily shaped by cutting or (in higher densities) machining and dimensionally stable in use, neither swelling nor shrinking.
- Operational over a wide temperature range. It maintains its properties over a range from -40 Celsius to +100 Celsius.
Other properties of industrial felt include a good response to oxidation, ultra violet exposure (i.e. ageing) and non-polar solvents. Wool felt offers a near constant coefficient of friction in both wet and dry conditions.
Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd convert a huge range of non metallic materials into Gaskets including Textile Gaskets with or without self adhesive backing.
Textile Gaskets are bespoke manufactured to your exact requirements and can provide effective sealing in many applications.
All the products and services provided by Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd are manufactured under our quality management system to ISO 9001
Help with Felt and Textile Gaskets
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.