PVC Electrical Insulation Pads
Some of Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd components which can be supplied for use within electrical insulation applications, including pads cut from a range of plastics, available in numerous grades, colours and thicknesses, one of which includes a variety of PVC plastic or polyvinyl chloride - which is recognised as one the most popular engineering plastics which can also be utilised in electrical applications.
PVC plastic electrical insulation sheets are manufactured in sheet sizes of up to 2000mm x 1000mm and in thicknesses between 1mm and 20mm as standard from which pads can be pressed and cut.
Our PVC Electrical Insulation pads are produced in-house, meaning we can manufacture bespoke items to match our customers samples or drawings using selection of machines including bandsaws presses or for very large or thick washers, we can programm our CNC (oscillating knife) to produce the pads in the most efficient way to keep lead times down, supplied plain or coated with a choice of self-adhesives or foils.
For information on PVC Electrical Insulation Pads please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Characteristics Of PVC Electrical Insulation:
- Colours: black/white/transparent as standard - but others can be made to order
- Finish: opaque, transparent
- Thicknesses: 1mm - 20mm
- Sheet Size: 2m x 1m (standard - can be cut down or produced as moulded profiles)
- Heat Resistance: up to 70° C
- Resistances: Excellent chemical resistance, corrosion, weather resistance, electrically insulating
- Flammability: self extinguishing (when removed from the source)
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical PVC Electrical Insulation Pads
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
What Are PVC Electrical Insulation Pads?
When designing pads, our customers have the option of taking PVC electrical insulation plastic pads produced as squares or rectangles with the option of radius corners, and also as circular or oval shaped pads or ‘discs’, in a range of thicknesses. Manufacturing our pads in-house means we can supply them in a plain or self adhesive backed finish and even laminate multiple types of material together to create bespoke and unique variations.
Polyvinyl chloride or PVC plastic can be produced in a range of formats including rigid sheets and very thin flexible films making it one of the world's most popular synthetic plastics polymers. PVC Plastic pads are highly durable and as the material is a thermoplastic, they can be melted over and over again, and when cooled down back to a solid state in it’s new shape or form.
Why Use PVC Electrical Insulation Pads?
ASG’s selection of Electrical Insulation materials are each formulated and manufactured using different compounds in order to produce seals, pads and other components with specific properties. PVC electrical insulation pads are stable, inert and extremely workable and will hold it’s shape even during vigorous milling and sawing processes.
The material these pads are made from is highly chemically stable and offers excellent compressive strength and electrical insulation properties, available in a range of colours which can be very transparent or opaque.
PVC plastics are often used in the conversion and production of electrical insulation components which include pads as the material ‘binds’ electrons, holding them still and this prevents electrical charges - in return preventing electric shocks, making it perfect for use within circuit board, wire sleeves and trunking, high voltage applications, etc
Benefits Of Using PVC Electrical Insulation
- Cost effective
- Impact, corrosion, abrasion and weather resistant
- High chemical resistance
- Strong and rigid
- Can be easily machined, heated and bent, glued and moulded
- low heat and electricity conductivity for use with electrical insulation
Other Types of Electrical Insulation Materials Available
Advanced Seals & Gaskets work with a multitude of material manufacturers and suppliers, giving our customers more choice of plastic sheeting - our most popular materials being:
- Epoxy Glass - a green coloured material with good mechanical strength, good chemical, electrical and radiation resistance, low moisture absorption and a working temperature range of upto +120℃.
- Kapton - is a polyamide film which offers a combination of mechanical and tear strength along with chemical, electrical and thermal properties that enables the gasket to withstand vibration and extreme temperatures in demanding environments.
- Leatheroid - is a grey/blue coloured paper gasket material, also sometimes called Elephantide. This material is used within the electrical industry to insulate hot elements.
- MICA - is a mineral based sheeting material which has excellent mechanical performances, is resistant to chemicals and provides electrical and therm insulation. MICA gaskets are often used to replace asbestos as they can withstand extremely high temperatures of up to 1000℃.
- MYLAR is an extremely strong, flexible polyester film. MYLAR is an excellent insulation material with dielectric strength, moisture resistance and is an excellent insulation material.
- Nomex can be manufactured using nomex paper or nomex board, it can withstand high temperatures, has high mechanical and dielectric strength, and is an excellent insulation material for all kinds of electrical equipment and applications.
- Presspahn is a brown coloured material, manufactured using kraft wood pulp. Presspahn sheets have excellent physical and mechanical properties, generally used as electrical insulation.
- SRBF is resin bonded fibre material which is tough and rigid, with an operating temperature of 120℃, low water absorption and is resistant to wear, impact chemicals.
- SRBP (synthetic resin bonded paper) is manufactured using layers of paper and synthetic resins. This material is suited to high and medium voltage application. SRBP has good mechanical and excellent electrical insulation properties, with low water absorption.
- Valox is an excellent electrical insulation material which also offers flame retardant properties.
- PTFE is a non-conductive plastic material used to produce electrical insulation sheets. PTFE sheets are suitable for high temperature applications and have a high melting temperature. This material has excellent dielectric properties and can be often found used in circuit boards.
Advantages Of Using PVC Electrical Insulation Pads
PVC Electrical Insulation pads are some of the world's most commonly used products, due to the vast range of advantages and desirable properties the material offers. The material itself is strong, rigid and lightweight.
PVC electrical insulation pads offer durability and longevity as PVC plastics are resistant to chemical and weather corrosion, shock and abrasion which means it can be utilised for many indoor and outdoor applications. PVC plastic pads can be cut from standard sized sheets or moulded into bespoke sizes both of which can be further converted by way of sawing, milling, drilling, gluing or bending (heated and manipulated).
PVC plastic pads are non-toxic, do not conduct electricity so can be used for electrical applications and although PVC plastic will burn, it is self-extinguishing due to having a high chlorine content.
Using PVC Electrical Insulation pads within electrical devices and equipment for the purpose of electrical insulation protects them from generating and passing high voltages, reduces the cost of energy, improves performance and protects users from shock, whilst creating a tight seal, preventing unsteadiness and gap filling..
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.