PVC Foam Pads
Advanced Seals & Gaskets are market leaders in converting blocks, rolls or sheets of material to produce numerous high-quality products, using some of the latest technology and facilities for sponge and foam conversion. One such range of products ASG can offer is PVC foam pads, which are produced on-site using drawings or measurements provided by our customers. In-house production ensures that our high standards are maintained and costs kept low, whilst producing high-quality PVC foam pads consistently. Depending upon the size and quantity of pads required, one of many presses, bandsaws or CNC machines can be used to manufacture the final product, from one-off samples to multiple batch runs, which can be supplied as loosely cut parts, or kiss-cut on rolls where a high quantity is required or for use on fast-paced assembly lines.
For information on PVC Foam Pads please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Product Specification & Key Characteristics
Colour: black or white
Density: 90 - 200 Kg/m3
Temperature Range: -30°C to + 80°C
Availability: 1000mm to 1400mm widths
1 meter to 130 meter lengths (depending on thickness)
2mm to 20mm thicknesses as standard (depending on grade)
Full technical data can be supplied upon request,
or downloaded from our online portal.
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical PVC Foam Pads
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
As ASG have a network of high-quality material manufacturers and suppliers, we are able to offer PVC foam rolls in a range of grades, each with its own set of unique properties and characteristics, these include:
- Soft PVC Foam - is a low-density material, low density, closed-cell foam with a density of around 90-100Kg/m3, which offers a working temperature range of -30ºC / + 70ºC, excellent UV resistance and sealing properties against air, dust and liquids - available in thicknesses of 2mm to 20mm as standard.
- Medium PVC Foam - is a mid-density foam with a density of around 140-170 Kg/m3, offering excellent UV resistance and sealing properties against air, dust and liquids, low-level water absorption, dimensional stability, a working temperature range of -30ºC / + 60ºC - available in thicknesses of 2mm to 20mm.
- Firm PVC Foam - is a higher density foam of around 200-220Kg/m3. This grade also offers UV resistance, sealing properties against air, dust and liquids, low levels of water absorption and a temperature range of -30/+80°C - available in thicknesses of between 2 and 8mm.
- Fast Recovery - this low density, closed-cell foam has an average density of 100-120 Kg/m3 and as the name suggests - recovers quickly (returns to its original size and shape) following compression. Fast Recovery foam offers excellent sealing properties against air, dust and liquids, UV resistance and a temperature range of -30ºC / + 60ºC - available in thicknesses of 2mm to 20mm.
- Slow Recovery - also a closed-cell, low-density foam, with an average density of 100-125 Kg/m3 and offers a slower recovery following compression in compassion to other PVC foams. As with all PVC foams, this one also offers UV resistance, excellent sealing capabilities against liquids, dust and air, has a temperature range of -30ºC / + 60ºC - available in thicknesses from 2mm to 20mm as standard.
For further information or samples, please get in touch with a member of our sales team today.
Why use PVC Foam Pads?
There are many industries and applications which utilize PVC foam pads, as the material holds various desirable properties such as sealing against dust, air, water and resistance to chemicals and outdoor elements such as wind, rain and sunlight, along with thermal insulation and vibration and sound absorption.
We have many customers that use PVC foam pads within the automotive, construction, HVAC, heating, marine and electronics industries.
Benefits of PVC Foam Pads
- Flammability tested to FMVSS302
- Vibration and Sound Absorbent
- Chemical, UV and Ozone Resistant
- Effective Sealant against air, dust and water)
- lightweight and Durable
- Good thermal insulation
Advantages of using PVC Foam Pads
- Fire Rated:
- Surface Spread of Flame Class 1 BS 476 pt7
- Building Regs 1991 (fire safety) Class 0
- UL94 flammability self-extinguish after removal of flame.
- Mildew / Fungus Resistance
- Chemical Resistant
- HCF (hydrochlorofluorocarbon) & CFC (Chlorofluorocarbon) free
- Lightweight, flexible & easy to fabricate
What are PVC Foam Pads?
Polyvinyl Chloride or PVC Foam is a lightweight material, available in a range of grades and colours, each with its own set of unique properties and can be converted into a range of products including pads. Using state of the art in-house machinery ASG can produce pads in any profile you require including squares or rectangles with the option of radius corners, and also as circular or oval-shaped pads or ‘discs’, in a range of thicknesses starting from as little as 1.5mm. Manufacturing pads in-house even means we can supply them in a plain or self-adhesive backed finish and even laminate multiple types of material together to create bespoke and unique variations.
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.