Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd manufacture various fabricated components produced from a range of silicone rubber material types. Silicone rubber fabrications require specialist machinery, usually consisting of a selection of saws, drills, buffers and knives.
When choosing ASG for your fabricated parts, you also benefit from the availability of our CNC oscillating knife, which can automatically cut and drill fabricated parts by reading CAD drawings. Silicone fabrications are often used as a cheaper alternative to mouldings and extrusions (as there is no initial die/tooling cost) for the production of bespoke shapes, usually required as 1 off prototypes or small quantity runs.
All our fabrications are made to order and are produced using samples or drawings provided by customers, and can take many forms for example multiple material laminating to create composites sheets which are then cut down into usable parts such as gaskets or washers, o-rings joined from a cut cord or seals with flexible joints or irregular angles.
What are Silicone Rubber Fabrications?
Silicone fabrications are constructed by turning blocks or sheets of material into custom made 3D) usable shapes. Silicone (SI) rubber fabrications are often used as they can operate at high and low temperatures, perform well when exposed to UV, weathering, ozone and moisture, and is available in a range of grades, hardnesses and colours, each with its own set of characteristics, properties and resistances to suit different exposures and environments.
Silicone fabrications can be manufactured using a combination of CNC machines, saws, drills, buffers etc, enabling us to create unique products that usually cannot be produced by one single process, where the item is too big to be produced in one single piece, or where 3D profiles are required such as cubes or cone shapes.
For information on Silicone Fabrication please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Product Specification & Key Characteristics
- Colour: black, translucent, white, red, blue
- Shore Hardness: available in 20° - 80° shore
- Temperature:-40℃ to +200°C (230°C intermittents)
- Resistances: UV, oxidation, ozone, weathering, corona discharge, radiation
- Applications: used in a multitude of industries including automotive, catering (food & drink), electronics, pharmaceutical, insulation
Full technical data can be supplied upon request,
or downloaded from our online portal.
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical Silicone Fabrication
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
Why use Silicone Rubber Fabrications?
Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd have a team dedicated to fabrications and the production of one-offs and complex products to use during design and prototype development or when singular items are required. Fabrications are often used as a cheaper alternative.
Customers often choose silicone rubber fabrications for the materials list of excellent characteristics and features, silicone rubber has a broad working temperature range of (-40℃ to +200°C) for use in hot and cold environments, with high-temperature versions also available for extreme heat.
Silicone rubber materials are resistant to ozone, weathering, seawater, many chemicals and fungal growth, they also offer excellent tensile strength, tear-resistance and electrical insulating properties. Solid silicone rubber is available in a range of grades, thicknesses and colour choices.
Advantages of Using Silicone Fabrications
Silicone rubber fabrications offer a range of benefits, not only can they be more cost-effective, but they also enable us to produce a number of variations of the same product for testing, allows us to produce composite materials which add extra mechanical properties and resistance to the product and also offer products for even the most unique applications.
Silicone rubber fabrications offer a number of benefits that vary depending on the grade of silicone used but can include flame retardancy, a wide operating temperature range (even higher range when using the High-Temperature grade), resistance to weathering, UV, ozone and chemicals, can be used as electrical insulation and in Food, Beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Silicone rubber can be fabricated using a choice of grades, colours and shore hardnesses (the shore hardness is measured using a shore durometer which indicates the level of resistance to indentation, the higher number on the scale indicate a greater resistance - harder the material/lower number indicate less resistance- softer the material).
Benefits of Using Silicone Fabrications
- Resistant to weathering, UV, ozone and chemicals
- Can be used in food and pharmaceutical applications
- Available in a choice of colours, hardnesses and grades
- Often a cheaper alternative to mouldings and extrusions
- Flame retardancy and electrical insulating properties
- Can be used to produce variations of the same product for trials
Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd have a network of material manufacturers and suppliers, giving our customers more choice when looking for silicone products, our most popular grades being:
- High-Temperature Silicone - FDA approved and suitable for working conditions up to 300°C
- FDA Approved Silicone - all general-purpose silicone are certified for use within food, drink & pharmaceutical applications
- Metal Detectable Silicone - used to detect metal fragments
- Fluorosilicone - this material offers the same mechanical properties as standard silicone, but with an improved fuel and mineral oil resistance.
- Platinum cured Silicone - this non-yellowing translucent material offers a high tear strength and does not produce any peroxides or ketones.
- Conductive Silicone is a carbon filled silicone that conducts a low electrical amperage
- Flame retardant offers a more superior flame retardance, meeting the following standard for railways BS6853 Cat1A and French Norm NFF 16-101 (now superseded by TS EN 45545-2)
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.