Silicone Rubber Gaskets
Here at Advanced Seals & Gaskets, we produce an extensive range of high-quality solid silicone rubber gaskets. Silicone rubber is usually manufactured in sheet and roll forms at thicknesses ranging from 0.3mm up to 25mm depending on the grade of material, with general-purpose silicone rubber being available in white, translucent, black, blue, and red colour options.
As we carry out all our conversion on-site, we can manufacture bespoke items to match our customer's samples or drawings, from simple rectangular picture frame gaskets, to a more complex shape with cut-outs, notches or bolt holes, whether it’s a small sample batch or a multi-thousand run, we have a machine designed to quickly and accurately produce perfectly formed gaskets every time which include a selection of presses, kiss cut machines and our oscillating knife.
Silicone rubber can also be supplied as a moulded or extruded profile which can be made to order, these products are also often used for sealing and gasketing applications.
What are Silicone Rubber Gaskets?
Silicone (SI) rubber is an excellent material for producing high-performance mechanical seals and gaskets which can operate at high and low temperatures. Silicone rubber performs well when exposed to UV, weathering, ozone and moisture, and is available in a range of grades, hardnesses and colours, each with its own set of characteristics, properties and resistances to suit different exposures and environments.
Silicone gaskets can take the form of a strip or pad but are generally an intricately cut shaped piece of material placed between two surfaces to create a low-pressure seal preventing the leakage of liquids or gas and to seal against the intrusion of dust and debris.
For information on Silicone Rubber Gaskets please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Product Specification & Key Characteristics
- Colour: black, translucent, white, red, blue
- Shore Hardness: available in 20 - 80 shore
- Temperature:-40℃ to +200°C (230°C intermittents)
- Resistances: UV, oxidation, ozone, weathering, corona discharge, radiation
- Applications: used in a multitude of industries including automotive, catering (food & drink), electronics, pharmaceutical, insulation
Full technical data can be supplied upon request,
or downloaded from our online portal.
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical Silicone Rubber Gaskets
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
Why use Silicone Rubber Gaskets?
Customers often choose silicone rubber for their gasket production as the material has a number of excellent characteristics and features.
Silicone rubber has a broad working temperature range of (-40℃ to +200°C) for use in hot and cold environments, with high-temperature versions also available for extreme heat. Silicone rubber materials are resistant to ozone, weathering, seawater, many chemicals and fungal growth, they also offer excellent tensile strength, tear-resistant and electrical insulating properties.
Solid silicone rubber is available in a range of grades, thicknesses and colour choices, which can be converted into gaskets, washers, gasket strips and tapes, or moulded and extruded seals. Most silicone gaskets can be supplied with a choice of self-adhesive backings to assist with the placement of the gaskets.
Advantages of Using Silicone Gaskets
Silicone rubber is manufactured in rolls and sheets in a range of thicknesses which enables us to quickly cut bespoke gaskets, in any quantity and with a choice of finishes.
Silicone rubber gaskets offer a number of benefits which vary depending on the grade of silicone used but include flame retardancy, wide operating temperature range - even higher range when using the High-Temperature grade, resistance to weathering, UV, ozone and chemicals, can be used as electrical insulation and in Food, Beverage and pharmaceutical industries (FDA grades).
Silicone rubber is produced in a choice grades and in a range of colours and shore hardnesses (the shore hardness is measured using a shore durometer which indicates the level of resistance to indentation, the higher number on the scale indicate a greater resistance - harder the material/lower number indicate less resistance- softer the material) and in some grades, a range of colours.
Benefits of Using Silicone Gaskets
- Resistant to weathering, UV, ozone and chemicals
- Can be used in food and pharmaceutical applications
- Available in a choice of colours, hardnesses and grades
- Can be easily cut or moulded into bespoke gaskets
- Available in a range of thicknesses
- Flame retardancy and electrical insulating properties
Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd have a network of material manufacturers and suppliers, giving our customers more choice when looking for suitable silicone gaskets, our most popular grades being:
- High-Temperature Silicone - FDA approved and suitable for working conditions up to 300°C
- FDA Approved Silicone - all general-purpose silicone are certified for use within food, drink & pharmaceutical applications
- Metal Detectable Silicone - used to detect metal fragments
- Fluorosilicone - this material offers the same mechanical properties as standard silicone, but with an improved fuel and mineral oil resistance.
- Platinum cured Silicone - this non-yellowing translucent material offers a high tear strength and does not produce any peroxides or ketones.
- Conductive Silicone is a carbon filled silicone that conducts a low electrical amperage
- Flame retardant offers a more superior flame retardance, meeting the following standard for railways BS6853 Cat1A and French Norm NFF 16-101 (now superseded by TS EN 45545-2)
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.