Solid Natural Rubber
Here at Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd, natural rubber is available in a variety of thicknesses and as, rolls, sheets, and parts such as gaskets, washers, pads, and strips. Solid natural rubber is manufactured using naturally occurring latex from rubber trees. It's a strong material used in high use applications due to its tensile strength, tear resistance, and shock absorption capabilities. To ensure complete quality control, we perform all conversions on-site utilizing our many machines including band saws, strippers, log cutters, and presses as required.
Whether we manufacture as a one-off or in large quantities, we work closely with our customers throughout the manufacturing process to provide a completely bespoke service. By combining state-of-the-art machinery with a highly skilled workforce, we produce top quality products that meet a broad range of requirements.
Solid Natural Rubber is available from us in many forms including:
For information on Solid Natural Rubber please complete the following quick enquiry or call us on +44(0)1384 252555.
Characteristics of Solid Natural Rubber
- Standard Thickness: 1mm,1.5mm,2mm,3mm,5mm,6mm,10mm and 12mm
- Standard Size: 1.4 metres wide x 10 metres long (1mm to 6mm) and 10mm and 12mm are 1.4meters x 5 meters long
- Colour: White, Black
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +70°C
- Grades: BS1154 Natural rubber, Tan Shot Blast rubber, Abrasion Resistant Natural Rubber
- Resistances: abrasion, tear, ozone, water, electrical current abrasion, tear, ozone, water, electrical current
- Limitations: deteriorates when exposed to oils, fuels, solvents, petroleum
Full technical data can be supplied upon request,
or downloaded from our online portal.
Help and guidance
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Samples - Technical Solid Natural Rubber
Samples can be submitted for testing upon request.
Call now for sample requests or further help.
What is Solid Natural Rubber?
Natural rubber is the result of solids suspended in a milky fluid, known as latex, formed in a living organism. It is a strong, durable and waterproof material, available from us as standard in rolls at, 1.4 metres wide x 10 metres long with thickness starting at 0.5mm.
Solid natural rubber is manufactured using naturally occurring latex from the rubber tree. In general, the higher the proportion of natural rubber used in the compound, the higher the quality and mechanical strength of the product. Due to its high tensile strength and good abrasion resistance, Solid Natural Rubber is ideal to produce parts where a strong robust material resistance is required including wear strips, gaskets and chute liners.
Why use Solid Natural Rubber?
Our customers often use solid natural rubber in applications requiring high levels of wear and heat resistance, as well as for seals that must be tight, leakproof, and impervious to impact.
Due to its suitability for harsh environments, common uses for solid natural rubber include conveyor belting, outdoor sealing applications such as window and door seals, and components within the automotive industry such as pumps and hydraulics.
Different Grades of Solid Natural Rubber Strips
- BS1154 Natural rubber - This high-grade natural rubber has high tensile strength and is-non-abrasive. This material is available in black or white, enabling it to be used within the food and beverage production and packaging industries
- Tan Shot Blast rubber - A superior, long-lasting material with a high abrasion resistance, this material is ideal for very heavy-duty applications such as scraper blades and chute linings.
- Abrasion Resistant Natural Rubber - This high-quality natural rubber is specifically formulated and manufactured to resist abrasion and wear, it has high elasticity and is an effective seal under low compression settings. Available in black, red or white.
Benefits of using Solid Natural Rubber
- Strong & durable
- Good impact and shock absorbing properties
- Water resistant properties
- Heat resistant properties
- Vibration dampening
- Excellent tensile strength
- Available in a range of hardness's and thicknesses
- Tear and abrasion resistant
Advantages of using Solid Natural Rubber
Solid Natural Rubber offers many advantages to customers as it is strong, durable, and offers levels of heat and water-resistance. These desirable properties make Solid Natural Rubber a versatile choice for many industries including engineering and construction.
Solid natural rubber provides effective support and reliability while maintaining flexibility at various temperatures. Its vibration-dampening properties and several resistances make this material popular in industries such as automotive, electronics, sports and leisure, and medical.
Please contact us using the form below or by calling us on +44(0)1384 252555.